The Bodybuilding Dietitian Podcast Ep 30 Comp Prep Roundtable With Coach Allen Mao
This week Tyarra and Jack have teamed up with Coach Allen Mao to record a special episode discussing all things comp prep! Allen is both a competitive bodybuilder and renowned online coach at Flex Success, and is currently 9.5 weeks out from his first show of the season. If you are a competitive bodybuilder, coach, or interested in physique sport then this episode is definitely for you!
Topics covered in this episode include:
- Allen's competitive background and how his experiences during prep have changed over the years
- The importance of planning your improvement season
- How to transition from an improvement season into a prep
- How to structure your prep in terms of time length, deloads, training and diet manipulations, high vs low carb days, peak week
- Training considerations during peak week
- Allen's recommendations for when to start posing practice and the importance of doing so
- What we all love the most about bodybuilding and why we compete
- When should you expect libido and sleep to be effected during prep?
- Tips for managing hunger through high-volume foods
- Should you decrease food or increase cardio to lose weight?
- Opinions on performing heavy taxing compounds (e.g deadlifts) during the end stages of a prep